Everyone knows the basics a dog needs to have …leash..bowls…crate…but here’s a list of things that will make your life easier, your dog’s life happier and well are just plain cool. In no particular order
- Antlers: these are naturally shed and cleaned up to make the best thing you can buy your dog if they are teething or heavy chewers. Assuming you buy the appropriate size, they won’t shatter/break like regular bones or raw ides. It may take a couple of introductions but soon your dog will be gnawing at them endlessly
- Dog Mats: Whether you opt for the Dirty Dog Mat or one of the other brands on the market it will make rainy messy days much much easier. They absorb tons of water and dirt….keeping the rest of your home cleaner and your dog that much drier
- If you have a teething puppy, either a frozen wet cloth or for something a bit fancier….there are several teething sticks you can freeze.
- Treat dispensing toys will keep your dog busy and a busy dog stays out of trouble
- Bullysticks they are totally digestible (unlike rawhides), and will last most dogs a long time
- Car harness or other restraint. Dogs (even little ones) that are allowed run loose can be a serious distraction. Not to mention they could cause injury or be injured in a crash.
- Tropiclean Fresh Breeze Cleaner. Really, you only need an enzyme cleaner to help reduce odors and deal with any accidents. I just like this one because it smells really nice.
What would you add to this list?